Monday, March 16, 2009

Never Alone Monday, March 16, 2009

I’m not sure what I am feeling tonight. I feel really empty or alone. I know that I am never alone because the word says that Jesus never leaves me or forsakes me. I know that word is true. I have been enjoying a new found relationship. I have some really good friends, and I know that we all need a friends. I guess that I have not been spending the proper amount of time with you, Lord. I know that in the past when I start feeling that empty feeling inside that I have not been with you often enough.
Help me Lord to not replace you with anything or anybody. I love my friends and I love to talk to people, but I have to talk to you and allow you to refill me, I get empty when I pour-out and don’t take time to get filled-up. I so appreciate that you are reminding me of this at this moment. The devil will always come to put thoughts into our minds if we allow him the opportunity. I know so very well what his tactics are. He has used them so many times on me and I have fallen into the same trap more than once.
This time Lord, because You love me so much and I have spent enough time with you, I know better. I could have gone to bed tonight and cried because of the way that I was feeling, but instead I felt an urging to write something and little did I know when I sat down that you had a message for me. I love you Jesus, and I just want to say thank you for being mindful of me as always. Help me come to you each day and get a refilling of the living water that only you can give. Keep me close to you, Lord, just where I need to be from this day forward and each day in the future until that glorious day that we meet each other face to face.

Bonnee

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post: Whenever emptiness and fear overtake me, I turn and realize that I have drifted away from God. Amazingly, He always welcomes me back, though sometimes I am slow to understand. And when, at last, His spirit refocuses me, I wonder why I ever drifted away in the first place...

    ReplyDelete