Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the receiving end of love…

How do we recognize love? It comes in so many different packages. Love is a gift form God for God is love. I prayed and I prepared myself for an encounter with You having no idea that the plan was already written for what was about to happen. First, I found myself talking with you then I found myself listening to you as you spoke healing words to my heart. Needless to say I cried. I always cry when we meet. Your love amazes me! You always know exactly what I need and in what ever form that I need it, and it is always the exact right time. You are an answered prayer. You amaze me. I can’t ever imagine life without you. At one moment my heart is opened and in the next moment you take away all the hurt, all the brokenness. I am overwhelmed with you. I am engulfed in your love. At the time I wasn’t sure that I would reach my destination, but you had a plan and a purpose. I drove in on a prayer and landed safely.

I had no idea what was about to happen, talking about preparing a place, you certainly did. Your servant was on standby, waiting for my arrival. I was blown out of the water. You nursed my wounds, you fed me, you gave me shelter. You loved me. We laughed, we cried, we sang, we danced, we loved. That is the best description that I can come-up with. You loved me enough to lead me to still waters, to restore my soul. Just when I was thinking, "I got this," you let me know that truly I am not in control. I am learning to trust you. I am beginning to realize that you know what I need even better than I myself. I am trusting you.

I thought that I had already worked this thing out, but I am not sure at this moment that I know much at all. I have studied, I have prepared, I am becoming, but I have yet to become. I am beginning to learn that loving is more than giving, loving is receiving…
I have been purposing to learn what love is and how to give it. I never realized until the last couple of days that I don’t know how to receive. It is better to give than to receive, this is truth, but when you can’t receive you are not allowing others to give.
Lord, I pray that you will teach me to receive. I need You so much…

1 comment:

  1. It is better to give than to receive, this is truth, but when you can’t receive you are not allowing others to give.
    I believe you have found the common denominator for the weekend! I love you Bonnie, Bonnee, Bonnie Mae, Mrs Stephens!

    ReplyDelete